The department of physics established in the year of 2004, offers M.Sc Physics with intake of 60.The department has rich tradition of teaching to impart knowledge and skill based quality education maintaining with six faculty members. In the part of the programme, we train the students in theoretical, experimental and technological aspects. We particularly focus on experimental knowledge by conducting experiments in general physics and electronics. Even the course is self-supporting, catering to educational needs of socially and economically back ward sections mostly first generation women learners of this region. The accessibility of high end library is an advantage for the faculty and students for learning materials.
The facilities including library, class rooms and computers are available for the students. In addition to this, the students are trained by english teachers in communication skills and also given basic computers training by computer science departments. Meanwhile, we conduct weekly seminars and group discussions as a part of the curricula. Furthermore, to encourage the students in research we frequently conduct guest lecturers by eminent scientists (National and International) and to create research awareness students are being sent to visit various research centers every year. Faculties focus special attention for CSIR-NET and APCET examinations.VISION :
To reach young women student’s community through education and foster skills with self-reliance, leadership and Independence.
To empower students through quality education and to create intellectuals by extending them Innovative environment for young physicists to learn and develop their abilities.MISSION :
To empower students through quality education and to create intellectuals by extending them Innovative environment for young physicists to learn and develop their abilities.
(1) Conducting National Experimental Skill Test (NEST) in physics supported by “Indian Association of Physics teachers (IAPT)
(2) Celebration of National Science Day (NSD) on 28th February of every year.
(3) Department has MOU with ANVESHIKA supported by IAPT.
(4) Field trips for final year students to scientific labs like NARL, SHAR and IGCAR.
(5) Paper publications in esteemed journals by the faculty.
(6) Presentations of papers in National and International conferences/seminars/symposiums.
(7) Participation of faculty in Orientation course, Refresher course and other training programs.
(8) Conducting social awareness programmes.
(9) Active participation of faculty and students in “Swach Bharat Programmes”.