THE COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2006 with an UG (CSE) intake of 60 students initially and later increased to 120. The department started offering the PG course, M.Tech(CSE) in the year 2013 with intake of 24 students. In 2016, we had an MoU with Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden indicating 3 years of UG will be at SPMVV, Tirupati and one year at BTH, Sweden. Intake of CSE students for BTH program is 10.
- To be a centre of excellence in computer science and engineering by setting high standards for technical education and research that empowers women, make them ethically strong and drives them to high levels of achievements.
- Offer high quality education, training and research opportunities in the field of computer science and engineering.
- Train students with strong base in design, and testing on par with industrial requirements.
- Encourage student participation in skill development activities and institute – industry interaction.
- Inculcate leadership qualities, societal and ethical responsibilities.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Dr. V. Saritha is a Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati. She received her B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India, M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and Ph.D from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India. Dr.Saritha has several years of experience working in academia, research, teaching, academic administration and project management roles. Her current research includes VANET, Mobile and Wireless systems, Cross-layer Wireless Network Design, QoS, Cloud computing, Internet of Things, and Machine Learning. She was the recipient of Active Researcher Award continuously for 6 years. She has authored two books and over 55 research papers in various national and international journals and conferences. She has produced 2 Ph.Ds and has guided several masters and bachelors projects. She has chaired sessions in various reputed conferences. She also owns a patent on “Health care data management system method”. She is currently serving as an associate editor for the IAES International Journal of Robotics & Automation.
Dr. V. Saritha
Professor and HOD of Computer Science and Engineering